Presentations I've done and experiments I've created using various web technologies - some serious, some less so:
Dice Roller - A very basic dice rolling "app" that allows you to choose the dice type and starting number to randomly generate a result.
An introduction to search marketing, natural search and pay per click [Kindle Edition] - my very first eBook for Kindle.
Places for Freelancers in Cheltenham - plaything to see if I could get the Google Maps API to work and map out good locations to work from if you're a mobile worker in Cheltenham.
Technology is the servant to a good idea. Quote of the year.
UI Experimentation - experimental demonstration of a life assurance quote website, using semantic HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery for the code, good usability principles for the layout and repsonsive design to work on different devices.
DigiTalks Cheltenham - HTML5 and CSS3 primer and their uses in the real world.
The rules of MANLINESS according to Chuck Norris. Another experiement with HTML5, CSS3, Web Fonts, but with added Chuck Norris!
Planes of the Battle of Britain. An experiment in HTML5, CSS3, Web Fonts and planes!
Space Marine Chapters. HTML 5, CSS3 and iframes to render a Warhammer 40k datalaste.
Anarchy Online - Land Control Status. Very basic mobile site for the MMORPG Anarchy Online, using HTML5's offline storage.
Jobatronic. Free and paid-for templates for the job board software Jobberbase.
Other places that I frequent online:
- Astronomican - General Warhammer 40k lore and art blog. My secret geek side!
- Gimmebar - images, website and stuff I like.
- Delicious - images, website and stuff I like, but out of date as the service basically died.
- Google Plus - more random stuff (as if you didn't already get enough above).
- Instagrid - my Instagram photos in a grid.
- Forrst - coding and design snippets from me, very out of date.
I'm fairly unique in the world of digital in that I'm experienced working at different levels of the digital landscape.
I'm a thinker & a doer.
- I've researched and developed online propositions for FTSE100 listed companies to ensure they're right for the company, the shareholders and their customers;
- I've led, tested and promoted website platforms and apps for UK sport national governing bodies that have driven adoption and engagement at a grass-roots and elite elvel in sport;
- I've managed PPC, SEO and email marketing campaigns for international manufacturing firms to drive awarenss, increase traffic and deliver against targets. I even wrote a book on the subject;
- I've designed and managed user testing sessions to help businesses learn from what people actually do online;
- I've designed and built websites for local businesses, using the latest technologies and a hand crafted approach to ensure quality.
You can also checkout my CV.